Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Let the truth be told...

I am about 5 minutes away from leaving the office to drive directly to the gym. I am not going because I want to. I am not going because I promised myself. I am not going because I want to keep this up. I am not going because it is better for me. I am not going because I'm bored with nothing to do. Those would all be valid reasons to go, but that is not why I'm still committed to dragging my ass to the gym when I can hardly keep my eyes open at work today. I am going because I spent about $25 in songs @ Itunes last night and I want to listen to my Ipod. That is the only real reason that I have been able to convince my sorry lazy ass to still go to the gym today when I am so exhausted I'm making horrible mistakes at work and I've nodded off about 10 times while reading PR @ lunch today.

Obviously, this goal didn't happen. But I was an hour earlier than Sunday night....maybe tonight I'll make it in before midnight....

6 comments:

  1. you need to be taking a nap instead of hitting the gym before you fall flat on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Blaez...but I have to strike when the iron is hot and when I have time. I'll try harder this week to get more sleep, including this weekend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. as long as you didn't fall flast on your face, i'm ok with it... there was a lady at my resort on our equipment and she fell asleep on the treadmill... it was nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...I would just die if that happened to me! I'm tired, but not that tired! I may start to doze off in class or at work but not on a treadmill or in the car! ;) So I did good!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. when i drove back here from raquel's wedding in 07 i started falling asleep behind the wheel and ended up pulling over a rest top and sleeping for about 4 hours until the sun came up. that kept me awake but put me waaay behind schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  6. During my comutting years during undergrad I think there were several times that I dozed off behind the wheel. :( Between working 2 jobs and going to school full time, plus some partying....not a good combo!!

    ReplyDelete