Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Church Festivals are more dangerous than fairs...

for this diabetic! YIKES!!

Well, I'm sure the whole day played in to part of it! Friday night out of exhaustion, and probably a few other things, I ordered pizza from this dangerous place. Of course there were left overs so since I was up early and took my first pill that you have to eat w/i 30 mins of taking I had some left over pizza (it was yummy!) then late morning we met up for breakfast and I enjoyed some buttermilk pancakes w/sugar-free syrup and some sausage links with water, of course! Then after soccer pictures, I came home with the plan to meet up with my munchkin and my aunt later at our Church Festival.

Mid-afternoon I indulged in the rest of the left over pizza and a small bowl of my no-added-sugar ice cream since we weren't meeting up until about 7pm. Oh yeah, there was a diet root beer in there too! Then about 7:30pm we had dinner at the festival. That consisted of a hodge-podge of things. It included some pierogis (w/sour cream, of course!), a kielbasa (w/o the sauerkraut) on a bun, a couple bites of the inside of a taco and a diet coke. Well, let me tell you...I can no longer say my numbers haven't been over 200 since July...

Who knew I would be in more trouble going to my church festival than I was going to two different fairs!

**No, we are not Polish and we do not go to a Polish Catholic Church, we actually attend a very Italian and Mexican Catholic Church...but apparently they like Polish food over Italian food!
**Yes, I only go there to eat...we were there from 7pm until 9pm and I ate ALL OF THAT! The munchkin bounced on the bouncy houses and ate a hotdog and most of that taco, along with some onion rings!
**Yes, we do allow my aunt to eat. Since she is a Catholic Nun, she gets first dibs but settled on a kielbasa w/sauerkraut and onion rings. I don't remember now, but I thought she got some fries too, but maybe I'm just imagining things! There was a money mix-up, which caused great laughter and has altered my memories of dinner.
**The great money mix-up was the girl under charged me $5 when I got my dinner and the munchkin's dinner. My aunt thought they over charged me, so when she told the person she knew in the food tent about it the woman gave her $5 to make it right over my aunt's loud protests. When she came back to tell me she had my $5 for me, I couldn't understand why...needless to say after several bouts of laughter and finishing our meals, we took $10 back to the food tent and explained the entire mix-up. It isn't great karma to take $10 from a church festival....

3 comments:

  1. It is impossible to go to a fair of any kind and not do damage. IMPOSSIBLE! I look at it like this, I don't make funnel cakes at home! Good thing I don't, I'd be in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omigod i love fairs and carnivals and thier food!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie~~Amen to that girlfriend!!! LOL

    Blaez~~I just like the food! LOL...they can keep the rides and all the other stuff, just roll me up to the food trailers! hehe

    ReplyDelete