Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, September 27, 2009

What was she thinking?

My mother called me this morning at 9:40am today and woke me up with, "What did you want?" Hmmm...what I wanted was for you to answer your damn phone yesterday when I called you at 4:30pm or again at 9:00pm, not for you to call me on one of my only two mornings to sleep in when I didn't go to bed until after 3am! What I wanted was for you to sound a little more pleasant when you call me! What I want, is for you to get on meds for your undiagnosed bi-polar disorder!! Ugh....mothers... What I really wanted was to tell you that you need to call and invite auntie's house-mates to her b-day party today and ask you if you will trim my bangs since my hairstylist was already gone when I called him yesterday at 2pm. Most importantly, what I want is to be able to sleep in on my days off!

One good thing came of this rude-ass phone call, I got my ass out of bed, straight in to the shower, immediately dressed, started the BBQ pork for this afternoon and in to the car for my new signature drink...Double Dark Hot Chocolate, sugar & fat free of course!!! Yummy. Breakfast of champions I say!

Alright, off to read for Small Firms (I'm picking up where the drool left off!) so I can maybe put that class behind me before the party. Yes, my thoughts are delusional due to the fact that someone woke me up 6 hours after I went to sleep and I'm in a sugar-free, fat-free maze of chocolaty heaven...

4 comments:

  1. BioMom seems to have "she's eating dinner" radar aka she only calls when I am shoveling food into my jaws... and when she calls and says "hi jennifer its your mother, patricia... what are you doing?" and i respond "eating dinner/breakfast/lunch" she'll just continue on and on and on and on and on and then my food is cold and Joe is annoyed....and me too.

    i'm vowing to never answer my phone again while its food but when family calls its hard not to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mothers....ugh...I vow to not be like mine to my kids!

    ReplyDelete