Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fail.

Yesterday morning when I got up I entered a goal in to my info line on BBM (BlackBerry Messenger). I wanted to complete 3 of my 4 class homework assignments since I didn't have any commitments on my calendar. I was actually pretty excited about this goal. My man had called and woke me up about 10mins past nine, so when I set the goal it was only 9:30am, so I told myself..."This is so doable!"

I did a little homework, hoped in the shower, went and picked my DDHC to make sure I had something in my stomach, ran to the bank and picked up some taco bell since it was close to noon by now. Came home, ate and got back to my Litigation homework. I continued to work on homework until late afternoon when I made another run in to town to the meat market for some lunch meat, picked up my favorite diet rootbeer and a small order of mini-tacos and came back home. Back to homework I went. I hit a brick wall around 6pm, had a massive headache and felt tired, so I laid down for a little nap. At 7:02pm my man called and woke me up again. 15 mins later we hung up....er, were cut off...and I came back out to the living room and went back at my homework. At 9pm, I decided to run and grab some dinner and settled on Chinese since I was being so diligent with my homework. I came home, ate while reading some homework. Finally, at 4:00am I called it quits on the homework and crawled in to bed about 45 mins later. I had only worked on 2 classes' homework and hadn't even completed that! Ugh...

For my Litigation class and my Small Firms class we have to submit "time sheets" reflecting the time we've spent on homework. I am submitting 7 hours for Litigation from yesterday (I know I spent more but I didn't accurately track when I was reading the 53 pages of handouts the DD Profs emailed us this week). I only completed 2 out of 3 of my assignments for Small Firms and clocked a total of 6.1 hours (billed in 6 minute increments) for that class too. Do you know how depressing it is to realize that in the 17 hours I was awake yesterday I "billed" 13.1 hours of homework and didn't even complete 2 classes' of homework?! Ugh....

This morning, my man called at 8:40am and woke me up and I really wanted to roll over and go back to sleep when our 15 mins was up, but I have forced my ass out of bed after less than 4 hours of sleep, still high on NyQuil so I can do another crazy day of homework. I definitely see another DDHC in my future this morning and likely a little nappy-pooh sometime this afternoon.

In case you were wondering what I did during those 3 hours and 54 minutes I wasn't doing homework yesterday, I was making 3 trips in town and checking the following items from my to-do list: 1, 2, 3, 4, & 10.

Now I'm off to take a quick shower so I can go get my DDHC!! Let's hope I don't spend another 13.1 hours on homework unless that is getting it all done!

6 comments:

  1. we went to bed at 4am too. stayed up all night watching horror films.

    sadly we didn't wake up until 11:30...ugh there goes getting my schedule back on track. we're thinking of doing an allnighter tonight and staying up all day tomorrow so we'll go to bed at a proper time and i can start preparing me to getting up at a "decent" hour (aka 5am like i use to...bahumbug).

    i'm pleased to hear you go some of your stuff done on your todo list.

    maybe this'll help you feel better: but i don't think i could all that in a week (the homework...) so you're doing much better than i ever could!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my alarm set for 11am...so much for getting me some sleep this weekend! LOL Allnighters are rough...I think I'm too old for them anymore! Getting back on that time grove thing blows. I get off from it every weekend and cannot seem to get back on it...so maybe I just remain off from it. LOL

    Thanks!! Just wait...you are gonna be uber pleased...hehe :) I'm so pleased with myself!

    The amount of homework is technically the same...it is just this semester I cannot fake my way through if I fall off the homework wagon. It is easier to BS your way through when you are suppose to have read something and you are rolling the dice on getting called on versus when you have to actually turn a work product in. So I'm not being allowed to "skate" thru and BS my homework. I'm sure you could handle it! I have faith! But thank you for the compliment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it sounds like these classes are properly preparing you for real life - a lot of hours billed but always behind. Welcome to my world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Dani! Thanks! Also, welcome back to my world! Miss seeing ya 'round here more often. ;)

    My only fear is that some of this stuff Im not very good at. I hope I get better with experience. My deposition skills aren't so great. I have no clue as to what to object to and I'm not so great at the follow up/thinking on my butt (not feet since I'm sitting!). So I spent several hours today prepping for my dep Thursday night...next I need to start working on my Motion for Summary Judgment and that is only one of the cases I have in one of my classes. Ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does get easier as you go. I was just talking to an attorney who has been practicing 10 years and she said she still worries in a dep about whether to place an objection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Dani! :) You always know what to say to me to help quell my fears of my future and my abilities... :)

    ReplyDelete