Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, October 23, 2009

Why do I even plan things?

It seems like every time I plan my day out it doesn't go accordingly. Why is that? This isn't just a once and a while thing or just a "homework" thing, but something that happens a lot and also happens at work too. It just seems like I put time into making a plan, but when I set out to execute it I fail or it fails. Something fails! Ugh. My LSBFF tells me I should probably stop planning out my days at work because this is such an issue...

Since I had a gut feeling that the trial would be over by noon I had this big plan of what all I would accomplish from my to do list, but that didn't happen. Maybe I need to add to my list "work on focusing on plans" or something like that.

I was able to check off a few things today, but not nearly as many as I hoped.

Accomplished: 1, 4, & 10. I also wrote out unexpected bills received today, so I guess that is #19 accomplished too. I had hoped to add 3, 5, 7, 8 & 11 to this...guess there is always tomorrow for me to become much more productive!

One good thing that came as a result of picking up my lab test results was to discovery how great my numbers are looking! On 6/20/09 my A1C was 7.1 (normal range is 4.8-6.0) and as of last Saturday my A1C was 5.9!! On 8/1/09 my creatinine results were 255.5, 529 & 2,070, but last Saturday's results were 105.9, 37.9 & 358!! Yay me!!

4 comments:

  1. because you want to feel like you have some semblance of control over your life and what's going on.. thats why we make lists and thises and thateses...

    not that you don't have control...it just helps us feel more in control whether or not it actually works out is to be seen, sometimes yes and sometimes no...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Blaez and since I'm a control freak I become anal over my lists!! And the fact that it doesn't actually work all the time drives me insane!

    You are so insightful Blaez! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing ever goes as I plan, so I just stop planning things. Or at least try not to play too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going on the assumption that you meant that you try not to "plan" too much Dani... ;)

    With my multiple lists, I plan everything and it doesn't turn out...maybe I need to take the advice given here, but when I don't plan I sit and veg instead. Equally bad these days.

    I guess either i have to plan less or else tweak my planning...LOL

    ReplyDelete