Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, October 5, 2009

Controversy

Apparently my little "episode" from Friday has caused quite the stir! Someone was asked to come and ask me if I would be asking the same question during this morning's townhall meeting with our VP. Um...no...not the same forum, but thanks anyway! We weren't even discussing the same things today as we did Friday. It isn't our VP's call as to what is cut and what isn't when it is corporate wide. I'm not sure how anyone could even think I would ask what I asked Friday today. Totally two different issues.........duh!

Anywho, after our meeting this morning I went and grabbed my favorite antipasto salad and then came back to work. I think I was one of the first people back at the office, but I was itchying to make my WWs meeting! I was a little scared because of Friday night and Saturday night and yesterday, but I needed to face the music! Our meeting starts at 12:30pm and I didn't get upstairs until almost ten to one, so I stuck around (knowing my yummy salad was on my desk waiting for me) and weighed in after the meeting. OMG...........I lost 4.6lbs this week! Holy smokes!!! I have no idea where I've lost it, but it is gone. I am so amazed!! I was hoping for a 1lb lose and almost feel over when she said I was down 4.6lbs! I am so happy!!!! So grand total lost is: 27.6lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell, I haven't even been counting points!

9 comments:

  1. yea, i don't speak out against my "superiors" because I don't want people staring at me...

    however I am more than happy to talk shit on my blog! lol

    and go girl on losing the lbs! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't consider my question at the meeting as speaking out against the powers that be, but maybe if they weren't being so shitty they wouldn't feel that it was an attack....

    LOL

    Thanks! I was utterly amazed!!! Yay me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is fantastic news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie~~Thank you!! I was so happy. I recorded my highest weight on March 21, 2009. But I played the up and down game for the next 3.5 months. But since 7/8/09 I've gotten my shit together. I probably should say it has taken me almost 7 months to lose 27.6lbs, which only averages about 4lbs a month; but I like to make myself feel much better and say I've done it in 3 months (averaging 9.2lbs a month)! LOL I will be so proud of myself when I hit that 10% mark!! Anytime I've tried to do WWs (which has been so many frickin' times!) I've never hit 10%!

    When you see those numbers dropping it really, really makes a difference! I think I'm going to take some of my B-Day coupons for the clothes and buy another size smaller...I'll hold out to the end of the month to make it more plausible...hehehehe

    I'm loving myself today!

    Thanks ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thier always going to see it as an attack IMHO. it comes with uppermanagement. defending something that maybe even they don't think is right so thier upset because they have to and it burns in a small ball of fire...

    i have no idea what i'm talking about. please forgive me <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right Blaez... No need to ask for forgiveness. ;) These are the reasons why I hate corporate life...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Congrats on the weight loss - so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Dani!

    I'm not expecting a big loss this week or any loss. This weekend has been a bit rough and I didn't get to the gym at all this week. But I'm okay with that...I cannot have huge losses every week. I am still human! hehehe

    ReplyDelete