Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Time to respond but not tonight

My major Motion for Summary Judgment was due tonight at 6pm. I called it done at 5:15pm, scanned it, emailed it to "opposing counsel" and Prof. Wine and walked to my car at 5:40pm to make it to class for 6pm and hand in a hard copy. Sunday I spent over 10 hours researching, Tuesday I spent several hours reading my research and then several hours gathering useful information to put in my brief. I went to bed around 3am Tuesday night. I began "writing" the brief Wednesday night after class and crawled into bed around 3:30am last night. I then began working on it again this morning around 11am and called it "finished" when I had to this evening.

I sent a BBM to MyMormonGirl telling her how horrible of a piece of crap I turned in today and how I was so upset with myself. Apparently I got lost between page one and page ten.

I do have a chance to redeem myself and I will! This weekend I have to write a response to my opposing counsel's MSJ in the other case we have in PreTrial Lit. After turning in that piece of shit today, all I can do is go up from here! :)

But since the last two nights I've gotten an average of three hours of sleep each night, I will not even start to think about writing my response brief tonight. Instead I will think about the fact that I must get up early tomorrow to prep for my scheduled pampering tomorrow afternoon before I head in to work for 4 hours. Then I am off to shop using my birthday coupons before they expire Saturday, and then go for my birthday massage, my mani & my pedi!

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday too! TGIF (this works since it is just minutes past midnight)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment