Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Requesting a Re-Do for This Weekend

I should have known Friday that this whole weekend was going to suck! I should have reserved myself at that time to just stay in bed when mommy dearest woke me up after I slept through my alarms and stayed there until Monday morning came around again! You know how shitty Friday was from here.

And you know how unproductive Saturday was from this. In addition to being unproductive yesterday, my guy's call was cutoff after only 3.5 minutes. Frustrating! Also, I had no motivation to do anything. My pampering took way longer than anticipated and then when I left I jammed my thumb on my car door and screwed up my polish already. I had to wear the throwaway flip-flops in to the meat market to get our lunchmeat because it was so late already! By the time I got home, I had no desire to do anything so I opted to lay down for a nap, which lasted almost 3.5 hours and I only woke up for the call from my man, which was cut off in minutes. Even at almost 9pm, I really had no drive to get out of bed, but since all I had ate all day was some hard salami, I opted to get up and order a pizza. Well, that was a killer for the sugar because I couldn't resist getting a regular pizza instead of just a taco pizza (the pizza sauce is what kills me!) I ate my pizza, did nothing else and went to bed after Saturday Night Live!

I went to bed hoping that today would be much better and I would have some motivation. I was happily awakened at 8:54am by my guy calling again. At least this time we weren't cut off!! I got out of bed, came out and did some Litigation homework and emailed the latest version to my group members. I hate group assignments! Ugh... Then I decide to take a shower and go grocery shopping. I walk out the door @ 11am with a goal of getting my Double Dark Hot Chocolate on my way to Meijers, doing all of my shopping and being out of Meijers and done by noon. When I enter Meijers I see that their reusable bags are on sale, so I opt to purchase 5 of them. I make my way to the opposite side of the store to get personal products, walk through the Halloween stuff and purchase some new towels and some really cool skeleton plates for the munchkin! On to the groceries and as I'm starting on the second half of that section I reach to get some Smart Water for the week and when I turn back I realize my DDHC is tipped upside down in to my purse! FUCK ME!!! Just so we are clear...DDHC & a Coach bag do not mix! After asking someone from the meat counter if I can have some papertowel, I finish my shopping, decide I think I have more than 5 bags worth of stuff and pick up 5 more since they are on sale ($0.78/bag...count me in!) and am checking out at 12:08pm. Not too bad...

I run to the bank, of course on a Sunday afternoon there would be 3 cars in front of me! Then on to get my other favorite drink, a diet root beer from a local drive-in and splurge on an order of mini-tacos! I come home and start putting my groceries and stuff away. Of course my sliced veggies that are in water are leaking all over one of my bags and thanks to the wisdom of the cashier, my flat-out bread/tortilla/wrap thingys are in the same damn bag. I finally get everything put away, start some laundry, pick up the house a little as I'm walking from room to room, eat my now cold mini-tacos after I spent time picking up an entire plastic holder full of cue-tips because when I tried to open my bathroom window, I knocked them over and of course they went behind my toilet on the frickin' floor! I looked up to the heavens...okay, my ceiling...and questioned if God was playing a sick joke on my this weekend!

As I walk by my very active printer I realize all that it is spitting out are blank pages. My once "running low on black ink" has became "totally out of black ink...we warned you moron!" Seriously?!? I would ask that dreadful question, but I'm scared to. I just stuck my dinner in the oven because it will take 2 hours to cook, put load #3 out of load #6 in the washer and now I need to go back and reprint all of my crap that came out blank... Not a happy day in this neighborhood.

Needless to say on top of all of this crap, my productivity is pretty low. All I've managed to accomplish so far is: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 17, 18, & 22! Matters in progress are: 3, & 14. If I finished those 2 items from my list at least I would finish the day at 50%. Too bad I can't just continue to work on #22 and wake up tomorrow to a better day.

I sure hope y'all are having a better weekend than I am....

3 comments:

  1. Hot Chocolate and Coach definitely do not go together! Hope the paper towel helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch! i'm sorry you had such an aweful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani...it did help. Surprisingly! Who would have thought!

    Blaez...thanks. It really did suck!

    ReplyDelete