Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Prisons Will Remain Open

Well, September came and went, super quick! Now it is October. There are so many things about October...Halloween, my B-day, my bro's B-day, my cousin's B-day, my nephew's B-day and the shut down of my state's government! Yes, at 12:01am, my state went in to a partial shut-down due to the fact that the legislature has failed us citizens yet again! They are unable to balance a budget so how do they solve the problem? Make us suffer some more. Don't even get me started about the idiots in our state capital... Of course the funniest thing was when the news network ran a list of the affected items on the bottom of the screen followed by a list of items that wouldn't be affected, which included the statement "Prisons will remain open." As if!?! Of course this follows my honey's statement on the phone today, 'Babe, I'll be ready for my pickup at 12:01am when they close this place down.' Too bad the government confirmed that his place was still "open" for business!


2 comments:

  1. yea... chicago is swimming in debt and wanting to lay off city and state workers (thankfully a judge overturned it because of union issues) and they want to give out millions of dollars to host the olympics.

    i could careless whether the olympics are here or somewhere else. i'll never be able to afford to go nor would i want to go. the tv is free! HAHAHAHAH

    ps, wish your man coulda gotten out early via default. you know, if they'd let some of the lesser crimes be on house arrest and able to work and have harsher punishments (death) for harsher crimes, it'd be easier on the budget.

    but not everyone is like me who thinks a child molester should be automatically put to death after being castrated live on tv and alive and awake to watch his own penis being lobbed off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid states....ugh! Stupid cities...ugh!

    PS: Oh my...you have no idea how much I wish for the same thing! Hell, even just weekends would be nice. hehehe ;)

    ReplyDelete