Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Living in the 80's

Today was a positive day. I kicked ass at work. I ate within my points. I declined a piece of cake at work for someone's 35 year anniversary with the company (yesterday and today I also was able to stay clear of the donuts and apple cider sitting 10 feet away from me in the lunch room and let me tell...I love me some apple cider and can do damage all by myself to a gallon). I made it to the gym and did 20 mins on the treadmill, 45 mins on the upper body machines, and another 15 mins on the treadmill. And on top of all of that, with the exception of my first blood glucose this morning, which came in at 132, the remainder were in the 80's! (81 after breakfast, 86 after lunch, & 89 after dinner!) I became a little concerned that my meter wasn't working correctly, so I even ran a test strip, which came in within normal range. :) I'm kind of excited to see if I keep up this trend tomorrow. Now if only it was Friday would it totally be the best day ever!

6 comments: